Thursday, 11 December 2014
Ways of wearing a Dupatta
One of the most important parts in a South Asian outfit is a Dupatta – the veil. Dupatta is not only a part of an outfit; it is a fashion statement, a sign of respect, and a symbol of modesty.
The dupatta in your outfit can be a great fashion statement. It all depends on how you wear it and carry it. Here are some of our suggestions.
1. You can wear a dupatta as saree on your lehnga. Just tuck one corner of the dupatta at the front of your lehnga, then pleat it, and bring it to the front and over the should like a saree. Dia Mirza in the picture below shows off this style with full grace.
2. Wear the dupatta over one shoulder, let it hang from that shoulder, and then bring a corner of the dupatta over the other arm from the front. As shown in an example below.
3. Carry the duptta in your arms forming a fall in the back.
4. Taking the dupatta on both shoulders and let it fall in the front. This style is best for the people who are conscious about their belly.
5. Keeping a dupatta in your neck or on shoulder and tying a corner around your wrist.
6. Last but not least, let the dupatta fall on one side while keeping it in a straight line on the other.
Each style adds a beauty and a uniqueness to an outfit in its own way. Let us know what are some of your ways of wearing a dupatta. In our display of this week, we are not only showing some gorgeous Bridal Party Dresses, we also have our models wear their dupattas in style.
What do you think about them? And the styles of these dupatta? Let us know.
To see these beautiful pieces visit us at 3180 Ridgeway Drive, Units 39 & 40, Mississauga, ON or visit our website: www.oriental-costumes.com